08 Aug 2014
For the longest time, most marketing activities were thought of as efforts that could not be measured or counted. In today’s business environment it is no longer adequate to launch campaigns that lack the structure to measure success and justify marketing activities. As marketing and sales platforms become smarter and the opportunity to feed platform-specific data to data visualization tools becomes easier, decision makers are being better armed with clear and actionable insight using data. A data-driven marketing strategy is a practice that has become expected.
A jam-packed user group this month – from the perspective of the number of participants and the amount of content. Thanks to all that attended and discussed the following:
- Updates & Announcements
- Interact 2014 Highlights
- Promo Sampler & SFTP Exporter Apps from Relationship One’s AppCloud
- Customer Spotlight: Cummins – Lead Management
The June Oracle Marketing Cloud user group was awesome! The room was filled with veteran and newbie Eloqua users. The agenda included:
- Updates & Announcements
- ’14 Summer Release Highlights
- Overview of and by Zift Solutions
- Creative Uses for Custom Objects
We finished up with a valuable open discussion around how the group is implementing campaigns and configuring Eloqua in preparation for Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. Then, we headed to enjoy a lovely happy hour with one another.
07 Apr 2014
Presentation created by Nick Petersen, Relationship One’s Performance Analytics Practice Director, for Oracle’s Modern Marketing Tour stop in Denver.
From understanding the whole funnel, to calculating return on investment, it is important measure and understand marketing’s impact on incoming business and internal processes. This presentation reviews how marketing departments can measure their contribution, monitor campaign successes, review KPIs, and tell their story using metrics.
Cloud Connectors, Cloud Components, and Cloud Feeders, oh my! The March user group was all about the Eloqua AppCloud. Novice AppCloud users attended a 2-hour training session to learn:
- How Eloqua customers are using apps to build a deeper understanding of their buyers
- Which apps are helping Eloqua users to reduce manual efforts inside and outside the platform
- Where to get started and the fundamentals of app configuration
The Winter weather could no longer hold us back from getting together! Twin Cities Oracle Marketing Cloud users met on February 25th for an enthusiastic discussion. The agenda included a/an:
- overview of the ’14 Winter Release
- presentation by Andy Vevang of Toro highlighting some of the cutting edge things they are doing in Eloqua
- preview of the Relationship One AppCloud.
Thank you to all who participated in the November user group! In addition to the standard updates/announcements and a demo on Page Tagging, we were entertained and educated by Jeff Harkness of American Public Media as he spoke to their solution for generating and executing HTML email campaigns from content management systems. Thanks Jeff!